Blackboard IM - How do I upgrade to Blackboard IM on my Mac?
This article will describe the process for upgrade the Pronto client to Blackboard Collaborate Enterprise Instant Messaging (Blackboard IM) using a Mac.
Click here to view video
- When you logon to Pronto for the first time after the Blackboard IM client has been made available, your Pronto client will automatically search for available updates. To start the installation process, click the Download Pronto button.
- You will download the BlackboardIM.dmg file into your browser's default directory.
- Navigate to where you saved the Blackboard IM.dmg file in the browser's default directory.
- Open the Blackboard IM.dmg file and click the Install Now button.
- Tip: - When installing new software it's always a good idea to exit the current installation.
- You will now be prompted to complete the install process. Click the Next button to proceed to the license agreement step. Once you have read through the license agreement, click the I agree button.
- In the disk image popup window, drag the Blackboard IM icon to the Applications folder icon.
- Select the Apple menu and select Applications. From the Applications folder, click the Blackboard IM program.