||Blackboard Collaborate Support Alerts
Blackboard Collaborate Support recommends the following:
Please Note: Support recommendations and updates will be added to this article on an as needed basis. You can find all Support Alerts archived under Important Technical Bulletins > Archived Support Alerts.
January 15, 2014 – Oracle has released a new version of Java 7U51 which contains security updates that will impact users launching V12.1 sessions, as well as V12.0, V11 and V10 recordings. Sessions and recordings using Blackboard Collaborate 12.5 are not affected by this update.
ELM Users launching V12 sessions, as well as V12.1, V11 and V10 recordings and running Java 7u51
This issue has been resolved for all Blackboard Collaborate hosted customers. Blackboard Collaborate is actively working on a solution to this issue for ELM customers.
The necessary fixes are currently in progress and will be available shortly. Please use one of the suggested workarounds below:
- In Java 7U51 add the URL "https://na-downloads.elluminate.com" to the exception site list by preforming the following steps:
- The exception site list is managed in the Security tab of the Java Control Panel. The list is shown in the tab.
- Click on the Edit Site List button.
- Click the Add in the Exception Site List window.
- Click in the empty field under Location field to enter https://na-downloads.elluminate.com
- Click OK to save the URL that you entered.
- Click Run on the first Security Warning dialog and Don't Block on the second Security Warning dialog.
- Schedule your sessions in Blackboard Collaborate 12.5.4
- You may wish not to update to Java 7U51 until fixes are made available. If you do not install this latest client-side update of Java (Java Update 7u51), then you will not encounter issues.
Link to this article: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336&task=knowledge&questionID=2859
Please subscribe to this article to receive future Support recommendations and updates as they become available.