Classroom - System Requirements
Below, please find the supported Operating Systems, supported Internet Browsers, and recommended system specifications for using Blackboard IM.
Certified: fully tested and supported.
Compatible: partially tested and supported.
Provisional: untested but supported.
Unsupported: impossible or not supported.
Note: Later versions of a browser or operating system labeled Compatible or Certified are provisionally supported by Blackboard Collaborate Support unless otherwise noted.
|Internet Explorer 8 & 9||Internet Explorer 10||Firefox (Latest Stable Release)*||Chrome (Stable Channel)**|
|Safari 4.0||Safari 5.0||Safari 5.1||Firefox (Latest Stable Release)*||Chrome (Stable Channel)**|
|Mac OS 10.5||Certified||Certified||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible|
|Mac OS 10.6||Certified||Certified||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Mac OS 10.7||Unsupported||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible - Please review the end note below if using Java 7 with Mac 10.7 or Mac 10.8 and Chrome.|
|Mac OS 10.8||Unsupported||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible - Please review the end note below if using Java 7 with Mac 10.7 or Mac 10.8 and Chrome.|
|Operating System||Java Versions (JRE)|
|Windows XP, Vista, 7 3||1.6, 1.7 (java 6 & 7)|
|Mac OS X||1.5, 1.6, 1.7 (java 5, 6 and 7)|
Participant Minimum Requirements:
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB or Higher Recommended)
- Internet Access - 56k speed or above 4 (Broadband connection is HIGHLY recommended)
- Soundcard with microphone and headphones (A headset containing microphone/headphones is highly recommended)
Presenter Minimum Requirements:
- 1 GB RAM (Higher Recommended)
- Broadband Internet Access 4
- Soundcard with microphone and headphones (A headset containing microphone/headphones is highly recommended.
1 - For information on Firefox's public development channels, refer to Firefox's Releases page. All other Firefox channels are unsupported.
2 - For information on Chrome's release channels, refer to the Chrome Release Channels page. All other Chrome channels are unsupported.
Please note - Chrome does not support Java 7 on the Mac platform.
3. Windows 7 only support Java version 6 (We have found that some computers shipped with Windows 7 are also shipped with an incompatible version of Java version 5. Users running Windows 7 may need to remove the older Java 5 installed version and install the more recent Java 6 version).
4. Internet connection: Blackboard Collaborate recommends a stable broadband connection. Those connecting over wireless broadband and satellite connections may experience poor connection quality due to poor signals. Those connecting over dialup connections should be able to hear audio but may have difficulty displaying media rich content.
Classroom - Supported Browsers
Classroom - Supported versions of Java for Wimba Classroom